- Chris Capuano started off strong, but faded in the middle innings. He managed to get through six innings, giving up four runs on nine hits, while striking out three and walking one.
- The Mets got on the board in the fourth inning on an RBI double from Scott Hairston, and a sacrifice fly from Ronny Paulino.
- Trailing 4-2 in the bottom of the eighth, the Mets rallied to score three runs in the inning. Angel Pagan got things started with his sixth home run of the season. A few batters later, Nick Evans' sacrifice fly scored Justin Turner to tie the game. Then, with the bases loaded, Padres reliever Josh Spence walked Ruben Tejada to force in the go-ahead run.
- Lucas Duda deserves an honorable mention for his sacrifice bunt in the eighth inning. No one was expecting it, and it was perfectly placed.
- Manny Acosta left the game in the eighth inning after getting hit in the pinky by a line drive.
- Jason Isringhausen recorded career save number 299. He pitched a 1-2-3 ninth inning to get his sixth save of the season.
Next Up: The Mets and Padres meet up for game three of their four-game series Wednesday night. R.A. Dickey gets the start for New York. Game time is 7:10 p.m.