Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mets Morning News: Wright's A Superstar, Carter's Diagnosis, & InjuryUpdates

David Wright told reporters that the comments made about him by owner, Fred Wilpon, will not affect his decision to stay with the Mets in the future.
"That's not the first negative thing somebody's said about me and it's not going to be the last. I think to play in this market, you have to have some thick skin, and I feel like I have thick enough skin where I'm not going to let a comment affect a relationship or affect the way I go out there and play baseball."
He later added:
"My parents texted me and said that I was their superstar"
Doctors from Duke University announced Friday that the tumors found in Gary Carter's brain appear to be malignant.

According to Sandy Alderson, Wright and Ike Davis could both return to the lineup before the team's ten-game home stand ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment