Monday, February 20, 2012

Mets Morning News: Pitchers And Catchers Report, Gee's Struggles WithFatigue, Wright Has Something To Prove

Pitchers and catchers officially report today, and their first official workout is Wednesday.

Dillon Gee tells Mike Puma of the NY Post that he ran out of gas halfway through last season.
"I would be lying if I said I wasn’t really tired," Gee said. "But it was important for me to experience that.

"I know now what I need to do better. I don’t think that first half was luck at all. I just think I was pitching well. I knew what I was doing. But as soon as I had a couple of bad outings I started pressing a little bit."
Andy McCullough of The Star-Ledger writes about how just like every other Met in 2012, David Wright has something to prove.
His time as a Met could be drawing to a close. Members of the front office are still privately mulling their options. They could trade him this summer. They could pick up his $16 million option for 2013 and deal him next winter. Or they could work to retain him long term. Much depends on how he performs this season.

Wright turned 29 in December. He is approaching baseball’s version of middle age, that cruel moment when reflexes slow down and bat speed declines. So perhaps 2011 was an outlier. Or perhaps it was a harbinger. That knowledge limits his current trade value, one talent evaluator explained this winter.
A memorial service will be held this Friday for Gary Carter in Palm Beach Gardens, Fl. The Mets expect to send a "sizable" group to honor the late, great Mets catcher.
In lieu of flowers, a donation be made to the Gary Carter Foundation, 580 Village Blvd., Suite 315, West Palm Beach, Fla., 33409. Donations will go to support the Autism Project of Palm Beach County, Hospice of Palm Beach County and Palm Beach Atlantic University baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment