Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mets Create Yet Another PR Mess For Themselves

I'm not a pro when it comes to public relations. Never have been, and probably never will be. But even I could tell you that if you're strapped for cash and on the verge of losing an organization you have run for the past few decades, you probably shouldn't fly to an NBA game in a helicopter.

But, again, what do I know? I'm not the Wilpons.

Yes, the Mets front office went to Miami in style this afternoon to check out the Knicks and Linsanity first hand.

Photo from @AnthonyDiComo

Photo from @DPLennon
So not only did they supposedly spend the money on a helicopter, but knowing the Mets' luck, they will probably also have to shell out some dough to make repairs to the field.

Even if for some odd reason this joy ride was paid for by another party, it still doesn't look good.

I don't even know what to say anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment