- R.A. Dickey went six solid innings, giving up three runs on nine hits, while striking out one and walking none. He gave up a two-run homer to Rick Ankiel in the fifth inning.
- David Wright provided Dickey with some early run support. With two on in the first inning, Wright hit a three-run shot to left center field to give the Mets a 3-0 lead. Wright finished the night going 2-3 at the plate.
- Nick Evans began the second inning with a solo home run, his third homer of the season.
- Angel Pagan drove in two runs in the third inning with a single to right field.
- Lucas Duda hit his eighth home run of the season, a solo shot to right field, in the seventh inning.
- Josh Stinson made his Major League debut tonight. He went 1.2 innings, and gave up no runs and only two hits. He was lifted in the ninth with two outs, and manager Terry Collins opted to bring in another newbie, Daniel Herrera, to close out the game.
Next Up: The Mets continue their series against Washington on Saturday night. Dillon Gee will get the start against the recently called up, Tom Milone. Game time is 7:05 p.m.