- Chris Capuano struggled in the first inning, but settled down soon after. In five innings of work, he allowed two runs on seven hits, while striking out four and walking two.
- The bullpen did a nice job tonight. Pedro Beato threw a 1-2-3 sixth inning, Manny Acosta worked around a walk and a single in the seventh inning, and Jason Isringhausen threw a perfect eighth inning. Bobby Parnell gave up a leadoff single to Greg Dobbs, but went on to retire the next three batters to record his third save of the season.
- The Marlins helped the Mets out multiple times throughout the night with their awful defense, but the Mets will take help anywhere they can get it.
- Nick Evans got the Mets on the board in the fourth inning with a single.
- Jason Bay hit the ball! Bay was 3-4 with an RBI.
- David Wright was 2-3 at the plate, with two doubles and a walk. There was talk after each of his hits about how those could have been home runs in other parks. Unfortunately, the Wright wasn't hitting in another park, he was hitting at Citi Field. He'll have to get used to it.
- Lucas Duda drove in the winning run in the seventh inning on a single to center field.
- After the game it was announced that the Mets have called up right-handed pitcher Josh Stinson from Binghamton and infielder Josh Satin from Buffalo.
Next Up: The Mets close out this horribly long series against the Marlins tomorrow night. Miguel Batista will make his first start as a Met. Game time is 7:10 p.m.