Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mets Morning News: Bay Reflects, Collins Likes Veterans On Bench,Marquis Interested In Mets

Jason Bay looked back on his season and struggles at the plate with New York Times reporter Andrew Keh.
"There was a lot of thinking going on in the batter’s box," Bay said. "It was just, ‘I’m not comfortable. Where are my hands? Where are my feet?’ It was really detracting from me hitting the baseball."

"I was too result-oriented," he said. "You want to get the hits. You’re so worried about getting the hits rather than just letting them happen."
According to Terry Collins, Scott Hairston's place is on the bench.
"I’ll tell you one thing, this guy has gotten nothing but huge hits off the bench," Collins said. "I know that everybody likes to play, but it’s nice to know I have that piece to the puzzle."
Jason Marquis, who will be a free agent at the end of this season, would like to play for New York.
"I try not to extend my focus past (this year), but obviously I have always had a desire to pitch at home," said the Brooklyn-born Marquis, who still lives in Staten Island, and who faces the Mets Sunday. "I'm a New York guy, and I have always dreamed of playing for the Yankees or Mets, representing my hometown."

No comments:

Post a Comment