- Mike Pelfrey wasn't necessarily bad, but he wasn't all that impressive either. He went six innings, giving up two runs on eight hits, while striking out five and walking two. For the most part, he kept the Mets in the game.
- Justin Turner was 4-5 at the plate, with two singles, a double in the fifth inning, and an RBI ground-rule double in the ninth.
- Nick Evans hit his first home run of the season in the eighth inning.
- The Mets were 1-12 with runners in scoring position, and left ten men on base.
- For some reason, Jon Niese came in to pitch the seventh inning. It didn't go well. He allowed a lead off single to to Mike Fontenot, and a double to Nate Schierholtz.
Next up: The Mets will have the next few days off thanks to the All-Star break. They return to Citi Field on Friday night to take on the Phillies.