- R.A. Dickey went seven innings, giving up four runs on six hits, while striking out five and walking two. He allowed one home run, a solo shot to Raul Ibanez, in the sixth inning.
- Daniel Murphy picked up right where he left off at the plate in the first half of the season. Murphy was 2-4 with a double.
- Carlos Beltran was 1-2 at the plate with a home run. Beltran hit his 14th homer of the season, a solo home run to center, in the eighth inning.
- The Mets were 0-5 with runners in scoring position, and they left eight men on base.
- As for the defense, it was non-existent in the eighth inning. Tim Byrdak came in to pitch the eighth, and was let down not once, but twice by his middle infielders. Justin Turner botched a potential double play ball. Two batters later, Ruben Tejada committed a fielding error to load the bases.
- Ryota Igarashi, who was called up from Buffalo following the trade of Francisco Rodriguez, comes in with the bases loaded and proceeds to give up a three-run double to John Mayberry.
Next up: Jon Niese takes the mound as the Mets and Phillies play game two of their three-game series on Saturday. Cole Hamels will start for Philadelphia. Game time is 4:10 p.m.