Monday, February 14, 2011

Perez Locked Out Of Camp

If there was ever a sign for Oliver Perez, this would be it. Perez was the first player to show up to the Spring Training complex on Sunday morning, only to get to the locker room and find that it was locked.

I have to give him some credit. He did show up a few days before he was required.

"I’m here to be a starting pitcher,” Perez told Steve Popper of the Bergen Record. “But if they want to use me in the bullpen or for one inning, I don’t know. What’s more important for me is trying to be on the team and try to help the team, because I know the past few years we’ve had trouble winning the games."

Really? If the team was so important to you, you would have gone to the minors last season.

With his me first attitude, not only did his pitching deteriorate to pure crap, but he also lost all respect from the organization and is now one of the most hated Mets players.

Way to go, Ollie.

Sandy Alderson and Terry Collins didin't even care enough to visit Perez in the Mexican Winter League. It appears they didn't miss much.

In 39 1/3 innings, he walked 32 batters, while compiling a 3-3 record and a 5.22 ERA.

No comments:

Post a Comment