Saturday, February 19, 2011

Beltran: I Don't Want to Embarrass Myself

We don't want you to embarrass yourself either. That's why you should move.

The plan, according to the Star-Ledger's Andy McCullough, is for Beltran to begin a running program for the next seven to ten days. The program is designed to help strengthen Beltran's right knee. After the seven to ten days are up, he will tell the team if he is up for playing center field.

Beltran has said that he would be willing to move to right field if necessary.

Beltran is in the final year of his contract, and the move to right field could prolong his career by limiting his movement in the outfield and keeping his knee healthy.

Is it just me, or does it sound like Beltran is only willing to move to right field because it's what's best for him. It should be because it's what's best for the team.

I understand, he doesn't want to give up baseball, and he wants to continue playing for years. All athletes have that dream.

A lot of fans are quick to trash talk Beltran, but I've tried to avoid that. Until now.

In an interview with Beltran, Adam Rubin quoted Beltran as saying:

"I understand there's been a lot of things about center field, right field. Like I told Sandy, I told Terry: 'I will give you a better answer of where I think I should play based on how I feel, but at the same time understand this is not about Carlos. This is about the team.' And whatever is best for the team, at the end of the day, it's not my decision. That's where I stand...If it is best for Carlos, for the team, to move to right, [I'm] all for that"

First of all, don't refer to yourself in the third person. Second, I don't believe you.

He addressed it with a "Me, me, me," attitude."I" will test my knee. "I" will tell you if I can play. "I" will play right field if it means I can continue playing for years...even if that means another team.

No comments:

Post a Comment