Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Madoff Says Mets Knew Nothing

Mets owners got some support today from Bernie Madoff. Just what everyone in Fred Wilpon and Saul Katz's position wants...kind words from a convicted felon.

In a jailhouse interview, Madoff told the New York Times, "They knew nothing. They knew nothing."

Well if Bernie says so, it must be true.

In case you haven't heard, the Mets owners are being accused by Irving Picard, of either knowing, or that they should have known about the Ponzi scheme. Picard is seeking $1 billion. 

I believe that the Wilpons were unaware of what was happening. If I were them, I would be dreading this interview with Madoff. The last thing I would want if I were them would be to have this guy's name associated with me any more than it already is. Even if he is saying I'm innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment