Tuesday, October 25, 2011

25 Years Ago Today, The Ball Got By Buckner

In case you've been living under a rock, today marks the 25th anniversary of Game 6 of the 1986 World Series between the Mets and Red Sox.

As some of you may know, I'm a little tired of hearing about 1986. Yes, it was the last time the Mets won a World Series. Wonderful.

Move on.

Maybe it's because I was only eight months old at the time, but I don't have a deep connection to that team, or the series in general.

If I've learned anything from seeing the clip of the ground ball getting past Red Sox first baseman Bill Buckner, it's that sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Am I glad they won? Sure. Do I need to relive the series every single day of my life? No.

But because the series, and Game 6, mean so much to so many fans out there, go ahead and enjoy the day. I'll even toss in a video so you can relive the glory days. Enjoy.

MLB.com
[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment