- Mike Pelfrey went 4.2 innings, giving up three runs on five hits, while striking out three and walking five. Pelfrey was decent through the first three innings before falling apart in the fourth inning. He threw 36 pitches and allowed three runs to score before the inning finally came to a close.
- Ruben Tejada gave the Mets an early 2-0 lead in the third inning with a single to right field.
- Josh Satin had his first Major League hit in the third inning, singling to left field.
- In the sixth inning, with the Mets down one run, Lucas Duda came to the plate and tied the game with his ninth home run of the season. A few batters later, Willie Harris, who was pinch-hitting for Josh Satin, singled on the first pitch he saw to drive in the go-ahead runs.
- Mike Nickeas laid down a sacrifice bunt as the Terry Collins called for a squeeze play. It was executed perfectly and Jason Bay scored.
- Bobby Parnell was able to throw a scoreless ninth inning to get his fifth save of the season.
Next Up: The Mets head to Florida to play the Marlins...again. There have got to be other teams the Mets can play. Chris Capuano starts game one of the three-game series tomorrow night. Game time is 7:10 p.m.