Monday, March 14, 2011

Don't Mess With the Johan

Johan says he's fine.   
Johan Santana may not pitch the entire 2011 season, according to Steve Popper and Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record.

Well that's lovely news for Santana to wake up to, and on all days, his birthday.

Popper and Klapisch have sources, albeit, unnamed sources. According to the two reporters, "Internally, the Mets believe they’ll be 'lucky' if Santana pitches this year."

The Mets are refuting the entire report, saying Santana is right on track. He's experienced some soreness, but nothing unexpected.

The fact that Popper and Klapisch were the only ones reporting this story makes it a little sketchy.

Zach Berman of the Star-Ledger quoted Santana as saying:

"I don't know who's saying that I'm not ready or whatever, because according to everything, the way it has been done, we're right on the right track and where we're supposed to be," Santana said. "Whoever is saying that I'm not ready I think is lying. We are all on the same page here. And I've been doing my job and doing my rehab and everything the way it's supposed to be done. There's many updates I can do on a day-to-day basis. It's going to take some time, and we're all aware of that."

I believe Santana here. Yes, he's a tough player who will do what it takes to get back on the mound. He's also a smart player, however, and one that I don't think would lie about his progress and risk postponing his comeback.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

By the way, Johan Santana has joined twitter. You can follow him @johansantana, and while you're at it, you can follow me as well @KellyL1332.

No comments:

Post a Comment