Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Parnell Wants K-Rod's Job

Jim Mancari of Mets Merized Online, recently chatted with Bobby Parnell about the possibility of being a closer in the future.

“That’s where I want to be,” said Parnell. “I know K-Rod has the role, and he’s well-deserving of it. If he’s healthy, then by all means I’ll do everything I can to help him get as many saves as the team can get him. If he comes in hurt, I would definitely like to help the team in that role until he gets healthy.”

Parnell can be intimidating on the mound, especially when he hits 100 MPH.  The problem with Parnell is that he is predictable.

He throws his fastball over 80 percent of the time, and often times, doesn't have much movement on it. 

I see Parnell as a closer in the future, and I also see him getting plenty of save opportunities this season. I'm assuming the Mets will want to limit Francisco Rodriguez's appearances in order to keep his option from vesting.

Speaking of K-Rod, he is still recovering from thumb surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment