Sunday, October 28, 2012

No News Is Good News, Right?

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted anything on here. In case you haven't noticed, there's been a whole lot of nothing going on in Metsville since the season ended.

The only two little pieces of "news" as of late is that Wally Backman will continue to be the team's triple-A manager out in Las Vegas, and they claimed 29-year-old catcher, Anthony Recker, from the Cubs. Recker is a career .152 hitter by the way.

I'll refrain from judging Recker until I see him play. Remember when the Mets signed R.A. Dickey back in 2009 to a minor league deal?

Everybody was making fun of the fact that the team signed a 35-year-old who was 22-28 with a 5.43 ERA in his seven big league seasons. He wasn't exactly blowing anybody away.

I think it's safe to say he's turned things around.

Maybe Recker will find success too. Hey, ya never know.

That's all the news I have for you. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before something significant happens.

If I had to guess when it will happen, it will probably be during the next few days after Hurricane Sandy knocks out power and I can't post about it. That's what always happens.

Oh well. Until then, everyone stay safe during the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment