Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mets, Once Again, Not Allowed To Wear First-Responder Hats On 9/11

Here we go again.

For the second year in a row, MLB is not allowing the Mets to wear first-responder hats during their game against the Nationals on September 11.

They will be allowed to wear the hats during batting practice and during the National Anthem, but that's it.

I didn't understand it last year, and I still don't understand it this year. Why can't the team wear the hats on this one day?

I assume it has to do with money. Baseball's a business and I'm sure when a team doesn't wear something developed by MLB, money is not made.

Oh well. Get over it, MLB. It's one day.

I'm not outraged by this. I just think it's stupid.

Last year, David Wright decided to be a rebel and wear the hat while sitting on the bench during the game (scandalous!).

This year I say the players ignore the MLB order and wear them during the game. What is MLB going to do? Fine, eject, or suspend all of them? I'd like to see MLB even try it.

Bottom line? Wear the hats and whatever the fine is, turn it into a donation to a 9/11 charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment