Thursday, June 14, 2012

I'm Sorry For Ever Doubting You, R.A.

Raise your hand if you were excited about the Mets signing R.A. Dickey back in December of 2009? If you raised your hand, you're a liar.

I was scrolling through my Facebook page the other day, and ran across this post.


Silly me. If only I knew then what I know now.

R.A. Dickey is amazing.

Dickey has gone from being the butt of jokes among Mets fans to becoming one of the most dominant pitchers in all of baseball in 2012 and a large percent of the fanbases' favorite player.

Dickey showed off his brilliance again Wednesday night against the Rays, throwing a one-hitter, and striking out a career high 12 batters.

He also now holds the franchise record for scoreless innings at 32 2/3.

As the lone knuckleballer in baseball, I would have to think, if R.A. keeps this up, there will be kids out there determined to pick up a baseball and try and throw knuckleballs.

He's inspiring.

I even tried to throw a knuckleball last weekend during a game of catch (I failed miserably though).

Consider this my apology to R.A. I'm sorry for doubting you in the beginning, and thanks for proving me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment