Monday, February 27, 2012

Mets Morning News 2-27-12

Photo by: MattBritt00 (Flickr.com)
Ryan Zimmerman signed a six year extension with the Nationals this weekend, so of course the next logical thing to do was to ask David Wright about it.
"I think Ryan did it the right way. They did it before spring training, per se. Now it’s kind of out of the way. My first extension we signed about halfway through the 2006 season. It’s probably better to not even do it during the season or during spring training. Like Zim and those guys have said, it creates kind of a distraction."
Is Wright thinking about his own contract extension?
"I haven’t even discussed that with my agents, and obviously the team hasn’t discussed it with my agents or me," Wright said. "I think that it might occur in the future. It might not. I don’t know. I’m not really sure the protocol, but I would assume the team pretty much approaches the player. I don’t think the front office wants 25 different phone calls from 25 different agents about extensions. We’ll wait and see. I’m very happy with my situation. I’ll go out and just try to play and not worry about that. The last thing on my mind is next year or the year after that."
According to the Daily News, for the Mets to even consider trading Wright, the deal would need to include "Four Zack Wheelers."

Johan Santana threw two simulated innings Sunday afternoon.
"Today was a good day. I’m not trying to back off from anything,” Santana said. "I’m doing everything just the same way I would do it if I didn’t have surgery on my arm.

"I missed a few [pitches], but I’ve got to make adjustments and I’m pretty sure my next time will be better."

No comments:

Post a Comment