Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mets Morning News: Wally Backman Says He's Staying With Team in 2012

Wally Backman was on WFAN Saturday, and told host Ed Randall that he will be returning to the Mets in 2012.
"You know, there was some thought, there was a long thought process Ed, and you know what, I started at 17 years old with the Mets, and I'm gonna stay with the Mets...Not only did the Wilpons give me another chance to get back into baseball,  but there's some unfinished business, so to speak, and I really believe the  organization is going in the right direction. I think there are some prospects that are coming, there's some real good  pitching prospects. We're a  little short in middle infield. I think with the new regime, I think we're heading in right direction and I want to be a part of it."
Listening to a caller during the interview, there are some fans who are ecstatic about Wally Backman staying with the team, because their dream is for him to one day be the manager of the Mets. Why? Because of 1986 and a few Youtube clips?

No thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment