Sunday, February 20, 2011

Any Respect I Had For Pujols Is Fading

Albert Pujols is by far, the greatest hitter to stand at the plate, ever. He's played the game well, and he's played the game clean.

That being said, the more I read about his contract talks; what's been offered to him, what he wants, the more respect I lose for him.

Before today, I hadn't read too much about the Pujols saga because I didn't care. He's not coming to the Mets, so why bother reading about it.

But when I hear about the numbers being exchanged, it makes me a little sick.

I would like to know what in the world you can do with $300 million, Albert, that you can't do with $200 million. I think it's amusing he has stated this is not just about the money.

Really, Albert? What is it about then? Do tell.

The fact that anybody thinks they are worth that much money is disturbing.

Also, any fool that is willing to give an athlete a long-term contract (10 years), is asking for trouble. The first few years will be great, but what about the final years of the contract when Pujols will be in his late 30's early 40's?

What if he gets hurt?

You are the greatest hitter ever, and in my opinion, any respect you had for that will change the longer the greedy contract talks take place.

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth, Albert said that all the numbers being given about the contracts he was offered/turned down were wrong.

    ReplyDelete