Monday, January 31, 2011

Pagan Signs, Avoids Arbitration

Courtesy nj.com
Angel Pagan and the Mets avoided arbiration today, with Pagan signing a one-year deal worth $3.5 million.

In a statement released through the Mets, Pagan stated, "For the first time in my career, I have a spot on the team, but I'm not taking anything for granted. I can't wait for Spring Training to start. I think we'll be better than people are predicting."

If there was one player I wanted the team to sign it was Pagan. The 2010 season was a break out season for him. He hit .290 in 2010, with 11 home runs and 37 stolen bases.

I think the most important aspect to his successful season was that he was able to stay healthy.

Pagan did a great job filling in for Carlos Beltran in center field, but with Beltran back, it's expected that he will move over to right field. 

On a side note...Pagan will be chatting with fans tomorrow at noon on Mets.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment